- Breer adds that Cushing will need season-ending surgery.
Last year, Cushing suffered a torn ACL to the same knee, so this is hardly what he and the team were hoping to see this season. The Texans signed Cushing to a six-year, $55.643 million contract that includes $21 million guaranteed.
Brian McIntyre notes that Cushing still has $12 million guaranteed on his contract, but only $10 million guaranteed for injury.
Houston Texans owner Bob McNair mentioned that LB Brian Cushing suffered a “serious” injury during Sunday’s loss to the Chiefs, per Jeff Darlington.
- HC Gary Kubiak told reporters following the game that Cushing’s injury “doesn’t look good,” per Tom Pelissero.
- Pro Football Talk reports that “early indications” regarding Cushing’s is that are that he possible tore his LCL, but his ACL appears to be fine.
- Pelissero adds that Cushing was seen on crutches in locker room and received some hugs from his teammates.
- Cushing will undergo an MRI on Monday to determine the severity of his injury.
All indications are that Cushing suffered another serious knee injury, and his 2013 season could be in jeopardy.