Revis has been linked most with the Patriots, Jets, Steelers, Chiefs, and Packers. It does appear though that Revis will not reunite with former Head Coach Rex Ryan.
- La Canfora adds that “his sense” is that the offer is from the Jets.
- La Canfora also reports that New England offered guaranteed money in “the mid-30s” and that the Chiefs are in the bidding as well.
This report does not mention the Packers, Steelers or Bills, who were mentioned as teams in the running by Jason Cole.
There does seem to be a growing sense that Revis will sign with the Jets, but there is a long way to go in this one.
- According to Cole, those teams are the Jets, Packers, Steelers and a mystery team.
- Adam Schefter reports that the Bills are also expressing interest in Revis.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the sense around the NFL is that Darrelle Revis is likely to sign with the Jets.
- Schefter adds that the Patriots are still expected to make one final push.
- Cabot mentions that Revis played for Browns HC Mike Pettine while they were with the Jets.
Yesterday, the Patriots are declined to pick up Revis’ $20 million option which makes him an unrestricted free agent.
Recent reports have said that this is a two-team race for Revis between the Jets and Patriots, who are still hoping to re-sign him to a long-term contract.
The Browns could end up losing CB Buster Skrine in the coming days and adding Revis would certainly give them an impressive tandem of cornerbacks. However, it’s hard to put a lot of stock in them being a serious player for Revis.
Revis, 29, put together an impressive first year in New England and is in line for another massive contract.
In 2014, Revis recorded 47 tackles, two interceptions, a forced fumble, a recovery and 14 pass defenses over the course of 16 games. Pro Football Focus has Revis rated as the No. 4 cornerback out of 108 qualifying players.
We have Revis listed as the No. 2 player in our Top 100 Free Agents list.