- According to Breer, the Bengals rethought the situation and are expected to pass on matching the offer sheet.
- Ian Rapoport reported that Hawkins has signed the Browns’ four-year, $13.6 million offer sheet.
Hawkins, 28, received an original round tender from the Bengals, which means the Browns wouldn’t have to part with draft compensation to sign him away from the Bengals.
Cincinnati has five days to make a decision as to whether or not they will match Cleveland’s offer sheet.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter previously reported that the Bengals plan on matching the Browns’ offer sheet for Hawkins.
He has flashed some ability during three seasons with the Bengals. Hawkins began the year on injured reserve with an ankle injury, but managed to return and finish the season with 12 receptions for 199 yards receiving over the course of eight games.
- The Browns signed Hawkins to a four-year offer sheet worth $12.2 million that includes $5.3 million guaranteed.
Aditi Kinkhabwala of the NFL Network reports that Browns offer to WR Andrew Hawkins includes guarantees that are three times greater than the Bengal’s $1.45 million tender.
- According to Kinkhabwala‘s source, it’s unlikely the Bengals match the Browns offer.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Browns are signing Bengals RFA WR Andrew Hawkins to an offer sheet.