— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) March 15, 2014
According to Aaron Wilson, Ben Tate receives a two-year deal worth $6.2 million and includes $2.5 million guaranteed.
Wilson adds that Tate’s contract includes a $500,000 annual yard incentive and $750,000 roster bonuses.
- Toby Gerhart: three years, $10.5M total, $3.5M APY, $4.5M fully guaranteed.
- Joique Bell: three years, $9.3M total, $3.1M APY, $4.3M fully guaranteed.
- Donald Brown: three years, $10.5M total, $3.5M APY, $4M fully guaranteed.
Contract info for players listed comes from OverTheCap.com.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Tate receives a two-year deal worth $7 million.
- John Telich reported earlier in the day Tate was still in Cleveland and was expected to sign a contract with the Browns today.
- According to Telich, Tate’s contract is expected to include performance based salary.
The Browns were really the only reportedly to be seriously involved in negotiations with Tate. Cleveland should be a good landing spot for him as he will now get an opportunity to be the team’s No. running back.
Tate, 25, has said previously that he does not expect to re-sign with the Texans and all indications are that will reach the open market. Last year, he totaled 771 yards rushing on 181 carries (4.3 YPC) and four touchdowns over the course of 14 games.