Stephen Holder asked Colts HC Chuck Pagano about the possibility of signing veteran G Richie Incognito to a contract now that he’s received full clearance from the NFL.
Pagano mentioned that they are willing to consider the idea of adding Incognito to their roster and added that they will look at all possibilities in the coming days.
The Colts could really use some interior offensive line depth now that they have suffered a few injuries and Incognito is without a doubt one of the best available players.
Jeff Darlington reported last night that three teams other than Buccaneers expressed interest in signing Incognito, but the fact that he wasn’t cleared prevent any deals from being worked out.
Incognito, 31, appeared in eight games last season before he was suspended indefinitely. He’s clearly one of, if not, the best available guards.
Last year, Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 24 guard in the league last year, and an above average player in both run and pass-blocking.
We’ll have more updates regarding Incognito and the Buccaneers as the news is available.
Buccaneers GM Jason Licht told reporters on Tuesday that their meeting with free agent G Richie Incognito, was “very constructive,” but they didn’t sign him to a contract.
“We had a very constructive meeting with Richie,” Licht said, per Rick Stroud. “It went on for about 5 hours. He haven’t ruled it out. He remains an option.”
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the NFL has cleared Incognito to return to “full activity and regular-season game participation.“
There appears to be a good chance that Incognito will meet with other interested teams in the coming days, as there appears to be decent amount of interest in him right now.
Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network mentions that it’s unlikely that the Buccaneers would sign veteran G Richie Incognito to a contract Monday based on the logistical issues of him arriving late tonight.
- Rapoport admits that it’s still possible he could be signed at some point.
HC Lovie Smith told reporters Monday that they just doing their due diligence in regards to Incognito.
“I think we’re jumping the gun a little,” Smith said, per Greg Auman. “We look at everyone available. Nothing more than that.”
Smith added that he’s keeping an “open mind” regarding the situation.
Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports that the Buccaneers are bringing in veteran G Richie Incognito for a visit on Monday.
- Glazer adds that the Buccaneers have been looking for experience at the guard position in recent weeks.
- Mike Garafolo reports that “multiple teams” have shown interest in Incognito.
- Jeff Darlington points out that Incognito isn’t fully reinstated to play this season, but he is expected to receive clearance from the league.
Incognito has not met with an NFL team since he was suspended by Dolphins last year for his actions in the Jonathan Martin bullying scandal.
The Buccaneers previously came up as a speculation option for Incognito, but HC Lovie Smith refuted the idea at the time. Apparently, they’ve chance their mind on the topic.