It should be mentioned that teams can’t officially sign players until Tuesday, but they can get the basis of an agreement in place before free agency is open. Every indication is that this deal is all but done.
We have Albert listed as the No. 14 player in our Top 50 Free Agents list.
- Salguero mentions an agreement is not “100 percent done” yet, but still expects him to sign with the Dolphins.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, citing a league source, reports that “all signs” are pointing to the Dolphins signing Albert shortly after the free agent market is open for business.
- Adam Caplan of ESPN mentions that the Cardinals are Albert’s No. 2 option.
Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins have expressed “strong interest” Rams’ free agent OL Rodger Saffold and have already reached out to Jared Veldheer (Raiders) and Eugene Monroe (Ravens).
- Jackson adds that Miami has Chiefs’ LT Branden Albert appears to be “very, very high” on their free agents list.
- Sources have informed Jackson that the Dolphins would “love” to sign Albert and Saffold in teh coming weeks.
- Meanwhile, an NFL source tells Jackson that the Dolphins are the “clear front-runner” for Albert.
- Adam Beasley reports that the Dolphins have discussed a new contract with free agent LT Bryant McKinnie.
Miami has been linked to nearly every offensive line free agent available in this year’s market, but it appears as though they are going to be aggressive out of the gate to secure one the best available options.
There has been talk that Miami could enter the 2014 season with a completely new offensive line from the one that started in 2013, depending on whether or not Mike Pouncey receives a suspension in the coming months.
The Dolphins have $34 million in available cap space to work with, so you can expect them to be active in the coming days.