Kenneth Zuckerman, the agent for Dolphins LB Koa Misi, denied the report that his client is retiring from the NFL, according to Pro Football Talk.
“We’re all disappointed. It’s unexpected. I feel bad for him and we’ll see what the future entails,” Zuckerman told the Miami Herald.
Andy Slater responded by adding that Misi told his family members and close friends Tuesday night of his decision to retire.
Andy Slater is reporting that Dolphins LB Koa Misi is retiring from the NFL and plans to inform the team of his intentions on Wednesday.
The Dolphins officially placed Misi on injured reserve today, as he works his way back from a serious neck injury.
Earlier in the day, Dolphins HC Adam Gase told reporters that he’s “confident” Misi would play football again. However, it appears as though he’s ready to move to a new chapter.
Misi 30, is a former second-round pick of the Dolphins back in 2010. He was in the final year of his five-year, $17.72 million contract that includes $9 million guaranteed and is set to make a base salary of $4.175 million for the 2017 season.
In 2016, Misi appeared in three games and recorded 22 tackles for the Dolphins.