- Ian Rapoport reports that Ryan gets $103.75 million in total with $59 million guaranteed.
- Pro Football Talk reports that the deal between the Falcons and Ryan is “done.”
- PFT adds that Ryan will make $20.75 million annually in new money with $63 million in the first three years.
- Ryan is now under contract through the 2018 season.
Previous reports indicated that Ryan could receive as much as $50 million guaranteed with base salaries $18-$22 million annually. If Mortensen’s $100 million figure is accurate, it appears that these projections were spot on.
Here’s a look at some of the recent contracts handed out to quarterbacks:
- Matt Ryan: six-years, $113.75 million, $59 million guaranteed.
- Joe Flacco: six years, $120.6 million, $52 million guaranteed.
- Aaron Rodgers: seven years, $130.75 million, $54 million guaranteed.
- Matthew Stafford: five-years, $76.5 million, $41.5 million guaranteed.
- Tony Romo: seven years, $119.5 million, $55 million guaranteed.
We have Ryan listed as the No. 1 player in our Top 50 – 2014 Free Agents list.