According to La Canfora, Flowers has no other visits lined up and is expected to re-evaluate his situation once his meeting with the Chargers has concluded.
- La Canfora adds that the Steelers are among the group of teams monitoring Flowers.
- Aaron Wilson reports that free agent CB Brandon Flowers has received the “heaviest interest” from Chargers, Falcons and Vikings.
- Wilson adds that the Patriots and Ravens remain in the mix for Flowers as well.
- According to Rapoport, this is believed to be Flowers’ first visit.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the
- Darren Wolfson of ESPN 1500 reported earlier in the day that Flowers is expected to sign with a new team in the next “3-5 days.”
- Wolfson added that even though the Vikings reached out to Flowers, he would be surprised if they signed him.
Since Flowers was released last Friday, we’ve heard a number of teams connected to him. In fact, one report mentioned that 10 teams had reached out to him after just a few days.
The Falcons, Lions and Ravens are reportedly among the teams that have already contacted Flowers reps. Other teams that have been connected to Flowers include: the 49ers, Browns, Steelers, Texans and Titans.
Flowers, 28, is coming off of a down season, but reports have mentioned that he expressed a desire to leave Kansas City last season after he was forced to play in the slot. Flowers has already put together a number of quality seasons in the NFL and should have plenty to offer a new team in the coming years.
Last season, Flowers appeared in 13 games and totaled 68 tackles, one sack, an interceptions and seven pass defenses for the Chiefs.
We have Flowers listed as the No. 1 player in our recently updated Top 50 – Best Available Free Agents list.