- LaFell reportedly has interest from the Broncos and Patriots, and Jets.
This news comes after the Hakeem Nicks signed a one-year contract with the Colts on Friday.
The former third-round pick of the Panthers has yet to develop into the kind of player many thought he was capable of becoming, but he is coming off of a respectable 2013 season.
Last year, LaFell appeared in all 16 games for the Broncos and caught 49 passes for 627 yards receiving and five touchdowns. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 93 receiver in the league last year.
- However, Mehta adds that the Jets have yet to schedule a visit with LaFell as of last night.
- Rapoport adds that the Carolina has shown “renewed interest” in LaFell, who left New England without a contract.
- According to Rapoport, LaFell is in Charlotte today.
- Rapoport adds that the Broncos are showing “huge interest” in LaFell.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported earlier in the day that Panthers free agent WR Brandon LaFell is visiting with the New England Patriots Wednesday.
The Patriots are always kicking the tires on free agent receivers during the offseason, however, they were unable to reach an agreement with Julian Edelman, which could force them to consider some value replacement options.
Pro Football Focus rated LaFell as the No. 93 receiver in the league last year.