- According to La Canfora, a return to New England has been the “most likely scenario” all along.
- La Canfora adds that the Browns are still monitoring the situation.
Edelman met with the 49ers on Friday, but it’s hard to say that they have as much interest as the other two teams based on the most recent reports.
Last year, Edelman caught 105 receptions for 1,056 yards receiving and six touchdowns. He also did a great job on special teams as well.
We have him listed as the No. 35 player in our Top 50 Free Agents list.
Baltimore has recently met with veteran WR Steve Smith, so they are clearly weighing their options at receiver.
- Barrows adds that the Browns have interest in Edelman as well.
- Barrows believes this will ultimately be determined by the highest bidder.
This is the first we’ve heard regarding the 49ers as a potential option for Edelman. As of now, Edelman reportedly has interest from the Browns, Giants, Patriots and Ravens as well.
- Giardi adds that this comes shortly after the Bengals elect to match offer their offer sheet given to WR Andrew Hawkins.
- Jason La Canfora of CBS reports that Browns QB Brian Hoyer has been trying to recruit Edelman to Cleveland.
- Wilson adds that there is a “healthy market” for his services.
The Ravens have come up as potential options and the Browns had him on their supposed free agent board, so they could also be someone to watch. It’s also worth noting that the Giants had interest in Edelman last year, but offered him a very low deal.
The Patriots could still be involved, so I wouldn’t completely rule them out at this point in time.
- La Canfora adds that the Patriots want him back, but other teams are in the mix as well.
Edelman was forced to sign a one-year contract that included a base salary of just $715,000 last year after finding very little interest on the open market.
Some have mentioned that he could command a similar contract to that of fellow Patriots Danny Amendola who signed a five-year, $28.5 million contract that included $10 million guaranteed this offseason.
- Wilson adds that, as of now, “nothing has heated up” between the two parties.
Earlier in the day, Wilson reported that the Ravens also have interest in veteran WR Steve Smith, assuming he is released by the Panthers at some point in the near future.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Patriots and WR Julian Edelman were unable to reach a deal today and he will test the free agent market.
- Rapoport adds that the team wants to keep him.
- Howe adds that the two sides have had “mutual interest” in agreement throughout the offseason.
- Jason La Canfora reports that a deal could get done with Edelman before Tuesday.
- Giardi adds that the Patriots’ coaching staff loves his work ethic and production.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported earlier in the week that the two sides had discussed an extension, so it appears as though there is at least a chance an agreement could be in place before the start of the free agent period.