The New England Patriots have announced that RB Shane Vereen has been placed on IR with the designation to return.
- This means that Vereen will be out for at least eight weeks.
- He will be eligible to practice after Week 7 and return tot he playing field in Week 9.
Vereen broke a small bone in his wrist during Week 1’s win over the Bills. The team has since re-signed Leon Washington and said that they intend to stick with Steven Ridley, despite his ball security issues.
- Vereen will undergo surgery on his wrist Monday.
- Glazer adds that Vereen was able to play the entire game despite the injury, but has since experienced numbness in his hand.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Vereen’s injury is actually a dislocated bone in his wrist and confirms that he’ll be out for a few weeks.
Vereen turned 14 carries into 101 yards and contributed another 58 yards receiving on seven receptions. A fumble from Steven Ridley opened the door for Vereen who looked to be in line for a solid workload in the coming weeks.
We still don’t know how long he’ll be out, but we’ll have updates as soon as the news is available.