- ESPN’s Adam Schefter confirms the Quinn signing and adds that the team is also signing Austin Davis as well.
Quinn was among a group of quarterbacks to work out for the Rams on Tuesday. Players such as: David Carr, John Skelton, Tylger Thigpen and Matt Leinart were also believed to be options for the Rams as well.
HC Jeff Fisher mentioned that they could sign multiple quarterbacks this week. The Rams actually tried to sign QB Ryan Griffin off the Saints practice squad, but New Orleans prevented that from happening.
Rams HC Jeff Fisher told reporters that they will consider the idea of possibly signing multiple quarterbacks this week now that Sam Bradford is out for the season with a torn ACL.
“It is a possibility, yes,” Fisher said, via Pro Football Talk. “There is a possibility we will bring a number of prospects in, and there is a good possibility we will sign more than one, yes. So, we would then have to make a roster move, but those are kinds of things we’re discussing now.”
Peter King reported Sunday night that the St. Louis Rams will bring in free agent quarterbacks for workouts on Tuesday.
- Recently released from the Jets, Brady Quinn is slated for a workout with the Rams on Tuesday, per Ian Rapoport.
- CBS’ Jason La Confora adds that the Rams will hold a tryout for Tylger Thigpen, Quinn and “perhaps others” on Tuesday.
- Chris Mortension of ESPN reports that the Rams will bring in David Carr, John Skelton, and Matt Leinart for tryouts.
- Mortension adds that Tim Tebow and Vince Young are not among the free agent quarterbacks working out on Monday.
St. Louis will be up against the Seahawks in Week 8, which is hardly the type of game you want to be thrust into if you’re Kellen Clemens.
We’ll have more regarding the Rams adding another quarterback as soon as the news is available.