- Rapoport mentions that no deal is imminent at this point in time and NFL teams around the league seem to be under the impression that Pitta will not reach the open market.
- Rapoport adds that if Pitta were to be available, there would definitely be interest in him.
- Aaron Wilson reports that there is interest from other NFL teams in Pitta.
Pitta, 28, is the second best free agent at the tight end position and is in great position to cash in this offseason, despite the fact that he suffered a hip injury that cost him most of the 2013 season.
We have Pitta listed as the No 19 player in our Top 50 Free Agents list.
- According to Wilson, the Ravens have made Pitta a “major negotiating priority” and are working with a “sense of urgency” to get a deal done.
- Wilson adds that a deal is not imminent at this point, although negotiations “remain active.“
The Ravens are still expected to franchise Pitta if a deal is unable to be reached in the next few weeks.
Wilson reported earlier in the week that negotiations between the two sides were “far apart,” but the fact that the Ravens appear to be locked in on Pitta right now could obviously change that.