- Albert Breer of the NFL Network reports that Britt has finished his meeting with the Patriots on Monday, and left without a deal.
- Breer adds that Britt will visit the Redskins next and the Rams and Patriots have shown interest in signing him as well.
Britt, 25, is coming off of another hugely disappointing season for the Titans. Last year, he appeared in 12 games and totaled just 11 receptions for 96 yards and no touchdowns.
At this point in his career, it seems very likely that he’ll have to sign a one-year contract and work to improve his free agent stock next season. A change of scenery could probably do him some good.
We have Britt listed as the No. 29 best available player in our Top 50 Free Agents list.
- According to Breer, the Redskins are working on setting up a visit with Britt as well.
- Breer adds that Britt’s knees remain a question mark for NFL teams, but the Rams passed him on a recent physical.
- Rapoport reported earlier in the day that New England is still in the market for a receiver and Britt offers both size and upside.
There is an obvious connection to the Rams given that Jeff Fisher had spent time working with Britt while in Tennessee.
Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, citing a league source, reports that free agent WR Kenny Britt has a “four or five franchises” interested in him right now.
- Florio adds that the overall expectation is that he’ll take his time deciding on his next team.
- John Keim of ESPN.com previously reported that the Redskins have interest in Britt.