— St. Louis Rams (@STLouisRams) March 13, 2014
- Raiders Deal: five-years, $42.5 million total, $21 million guaranteed.
- Rams Deal: five-years, $31.7 million total, $19.5 million guaranteed.
- Adam Schefter reports that Saffold receives a five-year deal worth $31.7 million that includes $19.5 million guaranteed.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Saffold’s contract includes a max of over $35 million.
- Schefter adds that Saffold has option to void the contract after three years.
- The Raiders reportedly had concerns about Saffold’s shoulder while the Rams had “no concerns whatsoever,” according to Saffold’s agents Alan Herman and Jared Fox, per Schefter.
The Rams reportedly view Saffold as a guard, so I’m sure they are happy to re-sign now that they have parted ways with veteran G Harvey Dahl.
To say this is bizarre would be a gross understatement.