Jason La Canfora reports that “several executives” believe the Raiders will select Houston CB D.J. Hayden at No. 3 overall if they’re unable to trade down. La Canfora adds that it’s still likely that Oakland will be able to move down in round one.
Sean Jensen reports that the Raiders have been fielding lots of phone calls for their No. 3 overall pick.
- Jensen adds that there’s a “very strong possibility” that Eric Fisher, Luke Joeckel and Lane Johnson are the first three players taken at the top of the draft.
- Ian Rapoport reports that sources have informed him that there’s a ton of interest in Oakland’s first-round selection and referred to the trade action as being “red hot.“
- Mike Florio reports that Oakland could target Houston CB D.J. Hayden if they end up trading out of the No. 3 spot.
- Tony Pauline reports that the Cardinals have also entered the mix for the Raiders No. 3 pick and are likely targeting Lane Johnson.
- Pauline adds that the Raiders are unlikely to take DT Sharrif Floyd, but reportedly really value DT Star Lotulelei.
The Raiders have been rumored to be shopping the No. 3 pick for weeks now and it’s become pretty clear that the offensive tackle prospects are going to dictate how things play out at the top of the draft, so it’s really not all that surprising to see a lot of interest in moving up. Oakland could really use some additional draft picks, considering that they’re currently with a second-round pick.
Moving back would still give them a shot at one of the top defensive tackles like Sharrif Floyd, Star Lotulelei and possibly even Sheldon Richardson. We’ll have more as the news becomes available.