- Verner said that Devin McCourty’s brother, Jason, has been lobbying Verner to sign with the Patriots.
- Verner also mentioned that he would “definitely consider” the 49ers.
- On the topic of signing with the Broncos Verner said: they “would definitely be a good situation for me.“
Verner believes he could have a new relatively quickly.
“I think (signing with a team) will be quick,” Verner said. “I think it’ll be a quick process“
So far, the Giants, Bills, Jets, Lions, Rams, Steelers and Vikings are reportedly interested in Verner to go along with the Titans, so it appears as though he has one of the hottest markets of any free agent.
Verner, 25, finished the year with 57 tackles, five interceptions including one for a touchdown, two fumble recoveries and 23 pass defenses. Pro Football Focus has Verner rated as the No. 12 cornerback in the league this season.
We have him listed as the No. 6 player in our Top 50 Free Agents list.
However, Wyatt doesn’t see them competing with the other teams who are likely to offer more in terms of salary.
- According to Vacchiano’s source, the Giants are “serious” about pursuing Verner.
- A separate source tells Vacchiano that the Giants are scared off by the asking price of the top cornerbacks either, as they were reportedly making a play for Sam Shields before he re-signed with Packers.
- Vacchiano’s source mentioned that Verner is “likely sign shortly after market opens on Tuesday.“
Previous reports have indicated that the Jets, Rams and Vikings have also reached out Verner on Saturday, who is now in an even better position to cash in this offseason with Sam Shields signing a huge contract.
- Wolfson points to the fact that Vikings’ DB coach Jerry Gray was with Verner while in Tennessee.
The Vikings have been rumored to be a team to watch in regards to Verner this offseason, so it’s not surprising in the least to hear that they have interest in signing him.
Recent reports have indicated that there is no progress between the Titans and Verner regarding an extension, which appears to be a good indication that he could be playing elsewhere at the start of the 2014 season.