Richie Incognito responded to the comments made by Vikings HC Mike Zimmer about the team reaching out to him with the following:
Mike Zimmer is a FUCKING LIAR!!
— Richard Dominick Incognito Jr. (@68INCOGNITO) August 7, 2018
Free agent G Richie Incognito mentioned during an interview with TMZ Sports he hasn’t decided if he’ll return for the 2018 season, but he’s staying in shape and waiting to see how things unfold in the coming weeks.
Interestingly enough, Incognito says that he’s received some calls from NFL teams including the Vikings and Seahawks. However, Incognito admitted that he doesn’t want to take part in training camp.
Incognito has had a strange offseason to say the least.
He was involved in an incident at a gym that resulted in him spending three days in a mental hospital, he said was retiring and he publicly fired his agent.
Although, it appears as though there’s still a chance we could see him back in the league at some point this season.
Incognito, 34, is a former third-round pick of the Rams back in 2005. He played three years for the Rams and one year for the Bills before signing on with the Dolphins in 2010.
After four years in Miami, Incognito was released and out of football for a year before securing another shot with the Bills in 2015.
Incognito was in the final year of his three-year, $15.75 million contract that included $5.45 million guaranteed and was set to make a base salary of $6.32 million for the 2018 season when he agreed to the restructured deal. The Bills released him from the retired list earlier this week.
In 2017, Incognito appeared in all 16 games for the Bills and is rated by Pro Football Focus as the No. 12 guard out of 77 qualifying players.