Seahawks HC Pete Carroll told reporters later on in the day that they’re are still evaluating S Kam Chancellor and haven’t declared him out for the season, despite the earlier reports.
“We’re still looking at what our options are, and we’ll continue to do that and evaluate what’s going on,” Carroll said Saturday, per Brady Henderson. “We’re working very closely with him on that.”
Carroll added that Chancellor’s neck injury isn’t the same as the one sustained by DE Cliff Avril earlier in the season.
[divider style=”solid” top=”20″ bottom=”20″]
- According to Garafolo, Chancellor has gotten multiple opinions regarding his neck and it appears as though it’s serious enough for him to consider shutting it down for the year.
- Adam Schefter confirms that Chancellor is likely to be placed on injured reserve with a neck injury.
- A source tells Josina Anderson: “Kam is still looking to play. Neck injuries are serious…(He) will continue to be evaluated in hopes of getting him ready for next year.”
Seattle just lost Richard Sherman for the season, so this is hardly the kind of news they were hoping to get regarding one of their best defensive players.
Chancellor, 29, is a former fifth-round pick of the Seahawks back in 2010. He’s currently in the first year of his four-year, $43.13 million contract that included $25 million and set to make base salaries of $3 million and $6.8 million over the first two years of the agreement.
In 2017, Chancellor appeared in nine games and recorded 49 tackles, one forced fumble, a safety and two pass defenses for the Seahawks.
We’ll have more regarding Chancellor as the news is available.