- The Seahawks will receive DT Sealver Siliga in return for Moffit.
Moffitt was initially dealt to the Browns before that trade was ultimately voided to health concerns regarding his knee.
Siliga only played in one game for the Broncos last season, despite being on their active 53-man roster.
- Petrak adds that the Browns had health concerns regarding Moffitt.
- Dave Softy Mahler is “hearing” that Moffitt failed physical with Browns due to a bad knee.
Moffitt and DE Brian Sanford revert back to their respective teams.
- La Canfora adds that the recently injury to Browns G Jason Pinkston led to this transaction.
- Seattle adds some more help at defensive end with Chris Clemons still coming back from a knee injury and 2012 first-round pick Bruce Irvin facing a suspension.
Moffit, 26, was a third-round pick of the Seahawks back in 2011, but has yet to develop into a starting-caliber interior offensive lineman. According to Pro Football Focus, Moffit has graded out as a below-average guard in each of his first two seasons in the NFL and has really struggled in the run-blocking department.
It will be interesting to see if he’s capable making a difference for the Browns this season.