- Garafolo adds that the Cowboys are interested and have some money to spend now that they’ve lost RB DeMarco Murray to the Eagles.
A report from earlier in the day mentioned that the Titans were hoping to re-sign Morgan and also sign Brian Orakpo in the coming days.
- Getlin adds that if the Bucs want to secure Morgan’s commitment now, they’re going to have to put a “strong offer” on the table, as there are other teams still in the picture for him.
Morgan recently met with the Falcons and reportedly has interest from the Titans and Cowboys.
- According to Terry McCormick, there is still a possibility that Morgan re-signs with the Titans, despite his number of visits to other teams.
- Rand Getlin reports that Morgan would visit with the Buccaneers if he ends up leaving his meeting with the Falcons without a contract.
- Jim Wyatt of the Tennesseean reports that Morgan is scheduled to visit the Falcons.
- According to Greg Auman, the Buccaneers among the team with interest in Morgan.
Morgan, 26, is a former first-round pick of the Titans. He played out his five-year, $15,395,010 rookie contract that included $10.6 million guaranteed and is now prepared to test the open market in the next few months.
In 2014, Morgan recorded 63 tackles, 6.5 sacks, two forced fumbles, and seven pass defenses for the Titans over the course of 16 games. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 8 outside linebacker in a 3-4 system out of 46 qualifying players this past season.
We have him listed as the No. 34 player in our Top 100 Free Agents list.