- Batch, 38, is a veteran quarterback who’s familiar with offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg’ system. Despite having some success in recent years while filling in Ben Roethlisberger, it’s hard to expect this to continue given his age and declining skill set.
- Thigpen drew some interest from the Seahawks not too long ago, but he was ultimately beat out by Brady Quinn. He offers great athleticism, but isn’t exactly an effective passing quarterback.
- Edwards spent time with Mornhinweg in Philadelphia last season, so that’s an obvious plus for him. He actually put together a very strong preseason for the Eagles last year, but was released after Chip Kelly took over as the team’s head coach.
- Leftwich, 33, was recently with the Steelers, but has found almost no interest as a free agent this year. He has an awkward throwing motion, but Cimini believes he could be a decent fit in the Jets’ new West Coast offense.
- Cimini mentions that Jackson could be an option for the Jets, despite the fact that he’s currently battling with E.J. Manuel and Kevin Kolb for the Bills starting job. Jackson could end up being the odd man out in Buffalo and Jets GM John Idzik is familiar with him given their time together in Seattle.
It’s hard to say when or if the Jets will be looking to add another quarterback, but this is at least something to monitor in the coming few weeks.