- Dani Klupenger reports that Rams WR Stedman Bailey had “extensive surgery” on the two bullet wounds he suffered last week.
- According to Klupnger, Bailey was put in a medically-induced coma so the swelling in his brain could go down.
- Klupenger adds that Bailey’s girlfriend sent a picture of the receiver to the team prior to Sunday’s game. The picture featured Bailey signing his name, which is obviously a positive sign.
With the 49ers at 3-8, rookie RB Carlos Hyde could be shut down the rest of the regular season.
Hyde hasn’t practiced since late October, and HC Jim Tomsula says it’s possible he doesn’t practice or play again in 2015.
“All of that’s been on the table since the beginning,” Tomsula said, per Chris Biderman. “I listen to the doctors and the medical staff on where we need to go with that and what’s the best course of action.”
- Adam Schefter reports that prior to naming Clay Helton the school’s new head coach on Monday morning, USC reportedly wanted to talk to Bengals OC Hue Jackson.
- Jackson and USC were unable to meet, according to Schefter, because it was in the middle of the Bengals season.
Dolphins interim HC Dan Campbell said that C Mike Pouncey‘s foot injury is not as serious as the team feared, but his status for Sunday’s game against the Ravens is still in doubt.
“It’s better than I thought it would be,” Campbell said, via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald. “He’s day to day. We are going to need another center in the building.”
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll expects TE Jimmy Graham to be ready for the start of next season after suffering a torn patellar tendon against the Steelers. (Curtis Crabtree)