The Pittsburgh Steelers have some difficult decisions to make in the coming weeks as the team currently sits $25 million over the cap but team president Art Rooney II told reporters yesterday that the plan is not to “tear things apart and start over,” via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
ESPN’s Jamison Hensley takes a look at some of the players that the team may approach to renegotiate their current contracts.
- NT – Casey Hampton – $4.8 million
- WR – Hines Ward – $4 million
- G – Chris Kemoeatu – $3.5 million
- ILB – Larry Foote – $3 million
- ILB – James Farrior – $2.8 million
- CB – Bryant McFadden – $2.5 million
Hensley mentions that these players could be released if they’re unwilling to take a pay cut but the Steelers intend to have the majority of them back if they’re willing to work something out.