The Pittsburgh Steelers announced Tuesday that they’ve signed RB Ralph Webb to their practice squad.
Pittsburgh has been a number of roster moves today including:
- Steelers placed WR Justin Hunter on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Steelers promoted RB Trey Edmunds to their active roster.
- Steelers signed LB Matthew Thomas to their practice squad.
- Steelers released LB Farrington Huguenin from their practice squad.
Here’s the Steelers updated practice squad:
- LB Keion Adams
- WR Trey Griffey
- TE Bucky Hodges
- DE Lavon Hooks
- LB Farrington Huguenin
- WR Tevin Jones
- C Patrick Morris
- OL R.J. Prince
- TE Christian Scotland-Williamson (International)
- CB Herb Waters
- LB Matthew Thomas
- RB Ralph Webb
Webb, 23, wound up signing on with the Patriots as an undrafted free agent out of Vanderbilt back in May. He agreed to a three-year, $1.71 million contract but was unfortunately cut loosing coming out of the preseason.
The Patriots later signed Webb to their practice squad only to release him shortly afterward. He was later signed to the Buccaneers’ taxi squad, but was just recently released.
During his four-year college career at Vanderbilt, Webb rushed for 4,178 yards on 931 carries (4.5 YPC) to go along with 68 receptions for 572 yards receiving and 35 total touchdowns over the course of 49 games.