The Ravens have already announced the signing of veteran DL Chris Canty.
- Aaron Wilson first reported that the Ravens had finalized a two-year contract with Canty.
- According to Wilson, Canty’s two-year deal is worth $4.65 million, and includes a $1.5 million signing bonus.
- He’ll make a $1 million base salary in 2015 and another $2 million in 2016.
- The Ravens have a $150,000 team option for Canty after the 2015 season, per Wilson.
“I’m super excited to come back and be part of a great tradition,” Canty said. “When they released me, Ozzie and I talked about things and they left the door open for me.
“It’s a very talented defensive front. These guys can really play and I’m going to try to teach them as much as possible.”
- Wilson adds that an agreement has yet to be finalized.
Canty is reportedly visiting with the Seahawks on Thursday, so there could be other teams in the running for him as well. Canty also visited with the Jets a few weeks ago.
The Ravens cut Canty loose in a move that cleared $2.66 million in cap space for Baltimore.
Canty had reportedly been contemplating retirement, but he’s been working out regularly since the season ended and intends to play next year.
Canty, 32, appeared in 11 games for the Ravens and recorded 33 tackles, a half sack, a forced fumble and two pass defenses. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 37 defensive end in a 3-4 defense out of 47 qualifying players.