- As of now, there are reportedly five other teams still in the mix for Knighton.
- Getlin adds it’s unlikely a contract gets done between Knighton and any prospective today, and it could be a while before he has an agreement in place.
- Wilson admits that there is some concern that Knighton’s asking price won’t match up with the available cap space the Ravens have to work with.
- According to Wilson, Knighton also has interest from the Redskins, Patriots, and Seahawks, but the Broncos are no longer a consideration at this point in time.
- Renck adds that Knighton is visiting the Redskins Wednesday, which was previously reported by Josina Anderson.
Knighton’s potential suitors have changed pretty rapidly in the past 24 hours, and it will be interesting if he leaves Washington without signing.
Yesterday, Knighton told Anderson that the Raiders and Broncos are out of the running for his services.
“The Raiders made me an offer but it’s not close to what I was looking for. So as of right now the Raiders and Broncos are out of the race,” Knighton said. “A lot of people had me going to the Raiders because of Jack Del Rio, but I’m now focusing on a few other teams right now.”
Knighton reportedly has interest from the Raiders, Redskins, Colts, and Bears this past weekend, but it sounds like that list is being whittled down. Chicago seems like a team worth keeping an eye on as well, in the event he leaves Washington with a contract.
Knighton, 28, appeared in all 16 games and recorded 30 tackles, 6.5 sacks, and three pass defenses. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 12 defensive tackle in the league out of 81 qualifying players.
We have Knighton listed as the No. 18 player in our Top 100 Free Agents list.