Here’s a running list of reports and rumors pertaining to the Titans’ head-coaching search. Be sure to check back for the latest updates.
- Texans DC Mike Vrabel (Interviewed)
- Panthers DC Steve Wilks (Interviewed)
- Rams OC Matt LaFleur (Interviewed)
- According to Jason Wolf of the Tennessean, Texans DC Mike Vrabel appears to have the “early inside track” to become the next head coach of the Titans.
- The Tennessee Titans announced Friday that they’ve completed their interview with Rams OC Matt LaFleur for their head-coaching vacancy.
- The Tennessee Titans announced Thursday that they’ve completed their interview with Panthers DC Steve Wilks.
- The Tennessee Titans announced Thursday that they’ve completed their interview with Texans DC Mike Vrabel for their head coaching position.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Titans were scheduled to interview Panthers DC Steve Wilks today for their head coaching vacancy, but the meeting was postponed due to snow.
- Albert Breer reports that the Titans have adjusted their head coach interviews so that Texans DC Mike Vrabel will meet with them on Thursday and Rams OC Matt LaFleur will do so on Friday.
- Gary Klein reports that the Titans will interview Rams OC Matt LaFleur for their head-coaching position.
- Jason La Canfora reports that the Titans are interviewing Panthers DC Steve Wilks for their vacant head coach position.
- According to Jason La Canfora, the Titans want an offensive coach if possible and Eagles quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo and offensive coordinator Frank Reich are both worth watching for Tennessee.
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media tossed out Eagles OC Frank Reich and Panthers DC Steve Wilks as two names to watch for the Titans’ job.
- According to Jason La Canfora, Eagles coordinators Jim Schwartz and Frank Reich “make sense” for the Titans.
- John McClain reports that the Titans have scheduled an interview with Texans DC Mike Vrabel for their head coaching job.
- Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports Patriots OC Josh McDaniels is a “virtual lock” to be the Colts’ next head coach, despite the reports of the Titans’ interest from earlier this morning. According to La Canfora, the Titans have “little to no shot” of landing McDaniels at this point in time and the Colts remain the “heavy favorites” to hire him as their next head coach.
- Michael Lombardi said during an interview with the Midday 180 Monday that it appears “the McDaniels ship has sailed to Colts” as talks are too far down the lien to turn back.
- Terry McCormick hears that one interesting name to watch for the Titans head-coaching vacancy could be Eagles OC Frank Reich.
- According to Adam Schefter, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels is the “favorite” to be the Titans’ next head coach now that Tennessee has officially parted ways with Mike Mularkey.
- Ian Rapoport adds that the belief was that McDaniels would prefer the Titans’ job over all of the other available positions. Recent reports have said that the Colts are the team to watch for McDaniels. However, Rapoport mentions that the health of Andrew Luck is an issue and working with Marcus Mariota is an appealing option for McDaniels.