The Tennessee Titans officially announced several coachings moves on Wednesday including:
- Pat O’Hara – Hired as Quarterbacks coach
- Kerry Coombs – Hired as Secondary coach
- Shane Bowen – Hired as Outside Linebackers coach
- Tyrone McKenzie – Hired as Inside Linebackers coach
- Rob Moore – Hired as Wide Receivers coach
- Craig Aukerman – Promoted to Special Teams coach
The Titans will retain Arthur Smith as their Tight Ends coach under new HC Mike Vrabel.
O’Hara has a big opportunity ahead of him, as he’ll be tasked to work with Marcus Mariota and aid his development in the coming years. Many thought Tennessee would target an offensive coach to replace Mike Mularkey, but Titans GM Jon Robinson stressed that he wanted a “leader of men” and brought in Vrabel.
O’Hara, 49, is a former 10th-round pick of the Buccaneers back in 1991. He played four years in the NFL for the Buccaneers, Chargers and Redskins.
O’Hara began his coaching career as the QBs coach for Point Loma High School in 1996. He eventually worked his way up to offensive assistant for the Texans in 2015. After two years in this position, the Texans promoted him to offensive assistant/QBs coach in 2017.