The Tennessee Titans announced the release of veteran S Bernard Pollard Tuesday.
The #Titans have claimed outside LB Jonathan Massaquoi off waivers from the Atlanta Falcons and released safety Bernard Pollard.
— Tennessee Titans (@Titans) March 3, 2015
A few months ago, Wyatt reported that Pollard had asked Titans GM Ruston Webster for his release, so this shouldn’t come as a complete surprise.
Following the season, Pollard said he wasn’t sure whether or not he would be playing in 2015.
“I am not getting any younger, so I want to win, I really do. I want to win,” Pollard said. “Looking at how things took place this year, looking at where (the Titans) need to be for next year, that is a tough, tough question, and I don’t even know if they can give me the answer. I have one year on my deal, but it is going to take some time.”
Pollard, 29, signed a two-year, $6.3 million contract with the Titans back in March of last year. He had base salaries of $1.65 million and $3.1 million coming his way over the course of the deal.
According to OverTheCap.com, releasing Pollard outright will free up $3.2 million in cap space and create $425,000 in dead money.
His 2014 season came to an end in Week 5 after he sustained a ruptured Achilles injury. Pollard appeared in five games and recording 27 tackles, one sack and a pass defense.