Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports has the latest regarding potential trades that could take place ahead of next week’s deadline.
- According to La Canfora, NFL teams have some interest in 49ers G Alex Boone.
- Although, others have wondered whether or not the 49ers would be willing to at least consider the idea of trading LT Joe Staley under the right set of circumstances.
- As for TE Vernon Davis, who has been a popular name in trade rumors, La Canfora mentions that teams have called about him, and they view him as be available.
- La Canfora reports that the Bears previously made it clear to teams around the league that they are open to trading pricey veterans including RB Matt Forte.
- Interestingly enough, La Canfora mentions that there are a few contending teams who happen to be “intrigued” by veteran K Robbie Gould.
- However, OLB Willie Young, who previously requested a trade, has been told that he will not be traded by Tuesday. Even so, La Canfora believes this could change.
- La Canfora reports that the Seattle Seahawks are attempting to bolster their offensive line depth ahead of the trade deadline.
- La Canfora adds that the Seahawks are willing to trade a younger receiver as part of a deal for an offensive lineman, but they’re, obviously, unwilling to include Tyler Lockett in any scenario.
- According to La Canfora, the Texans are open to trading ILB Brian Cushing.
- However, La Canfora notes that Cushing’s seemingly rapid decline is likely to prevent them from getting an impressive return for him.