Jason Cole of B/R has the latest regarding a number of trade options around the league in advance of Tuesday’s deadline.
- Cole considers Browns C Alex Mack to be the most likely player to be traded by tomorrow’s deadline, as long as a team is willing to offer reasonable compensation.
- Cole points out that the Browns took Mack’s successor in the draft and he has an expiring contract, and expectation from Cleveland is that he’ll be playing elsewhere in 2016.
Eric Weddle & Anquan Boldin
- Cole mentions that 49ers WR Anquan Boldin and Chargers S Eric Weddle “aren’t really in play at this point in time” because teams are unwilling to trade these guys when they can recoup compensatory picks in 2017.
- The Chargers would have to be “blown away” in order to trade Weddle.
- Cole reports that 49ers TE Vernon Davis “can be had if the price is right.“
- According to Cole, the Rams aren’t interested in trading TE Jared Cook now that they’re in the playoff picture.