Bills QB Tyrod Taylor said Friday that he is not interested in restructuring his contract again this offseason to remain in Buffalo.
“Definitely not part of my mindset,” Taylor said, via the Buffalo News. “I’ve done that before. I don’t think there’s a need to do that again. That’s definitely not part of my mindset.”
As of now, the Bills have yet to speak with Taylor or his representatives regarding their plans for next season.
“I really haven’t had any communications as to what’s the plan moving forward,” Taylor said. “I’m sure that it’ll be communicated to me at some point, but as of right now, I’m going to continue to focus on myself mentally, physically, and get ready for another season.”
Last month, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reported that the Bills haven’t ruled out the possibility that Taylor could be back as their starting quarterback for the 2018 season. Rapoport added that the Bills would either like to have Taylor compete for the starting job or attempt to trade him during the offseason.
The Bills will have to decide on Taylor’s $6 million option before the start of free agency, so that’s something to keep an eye moving forward.
Taylor, 28, is a former sixth-round pick of the Ravens back in 2011. After four years in Baltimore, Taylor signed on with the Bills for the 2015 season.
Taylor is currently in the first year of his two-year, $30.5 million contract and stands to make base salaries of $7.5 million and $10 million.
In 2017, Taylor has appeared in 15 games and thrown for 2,799 yards while completing 62.6 percent of his passes to go along with 14 touchdowns and four interceptions. He has also rushed for 427 yards and four touchdowns. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 12 quarterback out of 40 qualifying players.
We’ll have more regarding Taylor’s future with the Bills as the news is available.