Home 49ers NFC Notes: 49ers, Bears, Cardinals & Falcons
- Nick Wagoner of ESPN writes that finding a consistent pass rush is vital for the 49ers as they open up training camp.
- Wagoner specifically mentions two former Oregon Ducks, DeForest Buckner and Arik Armstead as players who will look to prove themselves as viable options to rush the passer in 2016.
- With the four-game suspension of Aaron Lynch, who finished 2015 with 6.5 sacks, Wagoner mentions that it is a big opportunity for second-year player Eli Harold and former second-round pick Tank Carradine.
- Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports that G Amini Silatolu‘s one-year deal is worth the league minimum, $840,000 and includes a $80,000 signing bonus to go along with a $20,000 base guarantee. Silatolu will count for $680,000 0n the salary cap.
- According to Biggs, CB Brandon Boykin‘s one-year deal is for $760,000 with no guarantees. Boykin’s contract counts $600,000 against the Bears’ cap and is split at $428,000.
- Coach Bruce Arians stated that first-round pick DL Robert Nkemdiche will miss a few weeks after suffering a high-ankle sprain.
- Arians also went on to say that veteran CB Mike Jenkins broke a bone in his hand, while TE Jermaine Gresham has a tight hamstring and will have a MRI to determine its severity.