Home 49ers NFL Notes: 49ers, Bears, Giants, Jets, & Packers
- 49ers HC Jim Tomsula wouldn’t confirm that Colin Kaepernick is still their starting quarterback, saying: “I’m not going to have any further comment. We are evaluating everyone.” (Andrew Siciliano)
- Ian Rapoport reports that the 49ers players are divided on whether or not Kaepernick should remain the starter.
- Ian Rapoport reports 49ers RB Mike Davis is believed to have suffered a fractured hand while filling in for Reggie Bush, who could be out for the year with a torn ACL.
- Bears HC John Fox told reporters that the injuries to WR Eddie Royal and RB Matt Forte are still being evaluated, but neither appears to be season-ending.
- Fox added that he doesn’t anticipate Forte needing any surgery on his knee.
- Giants HC Tom Coughlin confirmed that they’re open to DE Jason Pierre-Paul being active for their next game against the Buccaneers. (Jordan Raanan)
- Coughlin mentioned that they could feature him in a pass-rush package with him seeing a total of around a dozen snaps or so. (Giants WFAN)
- Jets HC Todd Bowles told reporters on Monday that QB Ryan Fitzpatrick has ligament damage in his left thumb. (Rich Cimini)
- According to Bowles, Fitzpatrick is day-to-day, but will require surgery at some point. (Rich Cimini)
- Fitzpatrick could play in Week 9, depending on his pain tolerance. (Rich Cimini)
- Bowles also mentioned that backup QB Geno Smith has a left shoulder bruise, and no structural damage. He too is listed as day-to-day.
- Bowles said it’s “too early to tell” if WR Brandon Marshall (ankle, toe) will play in Week 9. (Rich Cimini)
- Packers CB Sam Shields‘ shoulder injury is not believed to be serious, and he’s considered day-to-day. (Ian Rapoport)