- Aaron Wilson reports that prior to signing with the Texans, DT Alex Carrington worked out for the Colts and the Browns.
49ers GM Trent Baalke said Wednesday that he and QB Colin Kaepernick sat down and had a “good discussion” in recent weeks about all that had transpired this offseason, including the trade rumors.
“All this stuff from the offseason is behind us,” Baalke said, via Nick Wagoner. “We’re putting all of that in the rearview mirror. Our focus is on today and moving forward.”
Baalke also mentioned that the decision as to who will be the team’s starting quarterback this year is up to HC Chip Kelly.
“The head coach is going to decide who the starting quarterback is for the San Francisco 49ers,” Baalke said, per Cam Inman.
- Mike Klis is hearing that Broncos DE Derek Wolfe did not suffer a serious injury during Wednesday’s practice. However, the fact that he was limping is a good indication that he won’t suit up for their second preseason game.
- James Palmer reports that an MRI on Wolfe’s ankle came back clean and his injury is considered to be “minor.”
- Giants CB Matt Smalley dislocated his shoulder in Monday’s practice, according to James Kratch.
- Kratch added that the Giants are likely to add a cornerback with first-round CB Eli Apple also dinged up.