Home Bears NFL Notes: Bears, Browns, Dolphins, Redskins & Vikings
- Bears HC John Fox says that CB Tracy Porter is considered day-to-day with a knee injury. (Rich Campbell)
- Fox also mentioned that rookie CB Deiondre Hall doesn’t have a fractured ankle and that his injury won’t require surgery. (Rich Campbell)
- Browns HC Hue Jackson told reporters that S Jordan Poyer remains hospitalized with a lacerated kidney. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- According to Jackson, QB Josh McCown has not been ruled out this week, but he still doesn’t expect McCown to be ready to return from his broken collarbone. (Scott Petrak)
- In regards to rookie QB Cody Kessler, Jackson said he remains “our starter.” (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Jackson noted that the team will monitor WR Terrelle Pryor this week, as he is dealing with a hamstring injury. (Nate Ulrich)
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden mentioned that TE Jordan Reed (concussion) will see an independent doctor on Tuesday.
- As for rookie Su’a Cravens (concussion), Gruden said that he will see increased practice reps this week.
- Mike Jones reports that the plan is for TE Derek Carrier (PUP, ACL) to start practicing this week.
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer was noncommittal on DL Isame Faciane‘s future with the team, adding that his arrest was “not very bright.” (Matt Vensel)
- A source tells Chris Tomasson that Vikings GM Rick Spielman wants QB Taylor Heinicke to resume practice on Wednesday rather than today, Monday, as it will be a heavier workout. This means the that the team will have 21 days to activate Heinicke after Wednesday.