- Charles Robinson says that the Dolphins can easily opt out of QB Ryan Tannehill‘s big contract should the next head coach be unable to further his development.
- Robinson points out that if Tannehill is cut following the 2016 season, the move would cost the team $6.9 million against the cap, but would also result in a net gain of $11 million, due to shedding his $17.9 million base salary.
- Should Tannehill be cut following the 2017 season, $4.6 million would count against the cap with a net gain of roughly $12.9 million, according to Robinson.
- Eagles HC Chip Kelly says that QB Sam Bradford will practice on Tuesday, but doesn’t know where he is from a throwing standpoint.
- Kelly denies the report that he met in-person with USC officials on Friday, stating: “I wasn’t in Philadelphia on Friday.” (Ian Rapoport)
- Kelly expanding on this, said: “I’ve never spoken to anybody from USC. I’m not involved in any college talks.“
- Kelly says he expects LT Jason Peters to play against the Patriots Sunday. (Reuben Frank)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!