- Cowboys VP Stephen Jones says with RB Lance Dunbar done for the season, RB Christine Michael will get an opportunity to step up and play a role. (Jon Machota)
- Jones did not rule out adding depth at the running back position saying: “[W]e’ll look around, see what’s available.” (Jon Machota)
- Dolphins owner Stephen Ross told reporters that interim HC Dan Campbell “certainly is a candidate for the permanent job.” (Omar Kelly)
- Ross added that he talked to Bill Parcells about Campbell before they fired Joe Philbin. (Omar Kelly)
- Lindsay H. Jones of USA Today offers six names to keep in mind as possible replacements as the Dolphins’ head coach next year including: Lions DC Teryl Austin, Bears OC Adam Gase, Colts HC Chuck Pagano, Seahawks DC Kris Richard, Jim Schwartz, and Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan.
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien says QB Ryan Mallet will remain the starting quarterback this week. (Aaron Wilson)
- O’Brien added that Brian Hoyer did a “good job,” but cited the short week as one of the reasons they’ll stick with Mallett. (Tania Ganguli)
- O’Brien says they are in the process of discussing some roster moves when asked about the team’s receiver situation. (Tania Ganguli)
- Texans CB Kareem Jackson is in the league’s concussion protocol. (Aaron Wilson)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!