- According to Nick Zaccardi and Seth Rubinroit, former Lions RB Jahvid Best will compete for Saint Lucia’s Olympic track and field team at the Olympics in Rio.
- Best becomes the first person with previous NFL experience to compete in a Summer Games.
- Terez A. Paylor of The Kansas City Star states that the Chiefs and S Eric Berry did not agree on one component of a deal.
- Yesterday, the Chiefs and Berry weren’t able to come to an agreement on a long-term deal before the deadline. (NFLTR)
- Mike Garafolo reported that the Chiefs proposed Berry pay for a disability policy that named the team as the beneficiary, but later backed off on this request.
- Nick Underhill of The New Orleans Advocate takes a look at the Saints’ running back position in his latest roster preview.
- Underhill believes 2016 could be a big year for RB Mark Ingram, who could emerging as a an every-down player for New Orleans. Underhill points out that Ingram could be in line for around 250 carries to along with 50 catches or so out of the backfield.
- Aside from Ingram, Underhill considers veterans Tim Hightower and C.J. Spiller “good bets” to make the 53-man roster this summer.
- That leaves Travaris Cadet, Daniel Lasco and Marcus Murphy as three guys who will likely be fighting to make the roster this summer.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!