QB Trade Market
- Jason La Canfora reports that there should be a “robust little market” for backup quarterbacks in the coming weeks.
- La Canfora lists the Cowboys and Steelers as two teams who are already in the market for help at the position.
- In regards to Browns backup Josh McCown, La Canfora says that Cleveland is likely to hold onto him, even though he is likely the best available option.
- Depending on how Jets backup Geno Smith plays tonight, La Canfora mentions that he could be trade bait.
- Other teams who could have quarterbacks available for trade, according to La Canfora, include the Chiefs and the Dolphins.
- Mike Silver of NFL.com believes it’s “highly unlikely” the Browns will trade WR Josh Gordon.
- Instead, Silver mentions that Browns HC Hue Jackson would prefer to have Gordon on his team.
- Michael DiRocco of ESPN predicts that WR Marqise Lee will be a breakout star for the team in 2016, due to the simple fact that he’s healthy.
- While there still is an ongoing battle at left tackle between Kelvin Beachum and Luke Joeckel, DiRocco believes Beachum will ultimately secure the job with Joeckel moving to left guard.
- ESPN’s Rich Cimini writes that while Bryce Petty outplayed Geno Smith in last weeks game against the Redskins, “you get the feeling” that the Jets still do not see Petty as the No. 2 quarterback behind Ryan Fitzpatrick.
- With starting right tackle Breno Giacomini out indefinitely with a back injury, Cimini mentions that the Jets are giving Brent Qvale and Ben Ijalana a “chance of a lifetime.“
- If the Jets decide to make rookie Juston Burris their No. 4 cornerback, Cimini wonders if they could attempt to trade former first-round pick Dee Milliner.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!