- Josina Anderson asked free agent RB Ray Rice for his thoughts on a possible opportunity with the Patriots after they lost Dion Lewis for the season, to which he replied: “Same as before. Would be grateful for opportunity anywhere.“
- Anderson also asked him what type of shape he’s in: “Playing shape. I never stopped working out.”
- Pro Football Talk notes that Patriots owner Robert Kraft said last year he’d be “shocked” if Rice ever plays in the NFL again, so it’s unlikely that New England would be serious option for him.
- Bears LB Shea McClellin plans to test his left MCL sprain injury in warm-ups to see if he can play against the Chargers tonight. (Adam Caplan)
- Panthers HC Ron Rivera says LB Luke Kuechly‘s ankle is “stiff and sore” and he may miss practice Wednesday. However, it shouldn’t keep him out of Sunday’s game against the Titans. (Joe Person)