- According to Jason Cole of B/R, the Broncos have shown the “most interest” in free agent QB Ryan Fitzpatrick up to this point.
- Sources tell Cole that the Broncos have done background work on Fitzpatrick to determine what kind of player he is and whether he would be a addition to their locker room.
- Cole confirms the other reports that have said that Fitzpatrick is still asking for too much money.
- As of now, Cole mentions that Fitzpatrick wants between $16 – $18 million per year, which would be in line with a starting quarterback salary. However, teams reportedly see him as a “super backup.”
- The Jets are reportedly offering him just $7 million in base pay.
- Charles Robinson mentions that the Jets believe they “hold aces” in the situation involving Fitzpatrick, due to his success with OC Chan Gailey and the fact that he’s worth far less to other teams than to the Jets.
- According to Packer Report, the Packers prefered running back option remains to re-sign RB James Starks.
- According to Jeff Howe, Patriots HC Bill Belichick called DE Akiem Hicks Sunday night as a last-ditch effort to keep him and apparently offered a longer deal than the Bears, but less money per year.
- Tom Curran, Field Yates, and Ben Volin all confirmed that Eric Weddle did not visit with the Patriots before signing with the Ravens on Monday.
- John Keim mentions that the Redskins are taking a “wait and see approach” with free-agent RB Pierre Thomas.
- Although, Keim adds that a reunion is possible if both sides can’t find anything better.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!