- A source tells Lance Zierlein that Cal QB Jared Goff is the best quarterback in the draft and that it’s “not as close as the media is making it sound“.
- According to Dave Birkett, Michigan St. QB Connor Cook has scheduled private workouts with the Cowboys and Dolphins.
- A source tells Joe Person that Clemson DE Kevin Dodd is visiting the Panthers Wednesday.
- Person also added that Clemson DE Shaq Lawson said last week he is also scheduled to meet with the Panthers.
- According to Vaughn McClure, the Falcons will host a private workout with LSU S/LB Deion Jones on Thursday.
- NFL Draft Diamonds reports that the Cardinals have lined up a visit with University of Calgary CB Elie Bouka.
- Alabama DT Jarran Reed
- Baylor DT Andrew Billings
- Louisiana Tech DT Vernon Butler
- UCLA DT Kenny Clark
- Penn St. DT Austin Johnson
Patriots CB Malcolm Butler was asked about possibly signing a contract extension with New England at some point.
“One day, it’s going to come,” Butler said, via Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald. “You just can’t ignore it. I’m just going with the flow, doing my job, making sure I come back in shape, making sure I come back ready to go. If it happens, it happens. I want it to happen. But I can’t control the things I can’t control, so I’m just playing football, glad to be in the NFL, glad to be a Patriots player, and I couldn’t ask for anything more.
“I play cornerback in the NFL. I’m not the G.M. I’m not the player personnel (director) or anything like that, so whatever happens, happens. No matter what, I’m going to play football the same way.”
Butler is in the final year of his rookie deal and set to become a restricted free agent in 2017.