AFC Notes: Bills, Colts, Dolphins

Bills

  • Bills HC Sean McDermott said of G Richie Incognito: โ€œWe wish Richie [Incognito] well as he moves forward. Richie informed us several weeks ago that he wanted to retire. Then he wanted to unretire, so we granted him the request and weโ€™re moving on.โ€ (Joe Buscaglia)
  • As for the quarterback situation, McDermott said that first-round pick Josh Allen is taking reps with the third team and A.J. McCarron and Nathan Peterman have been splitting reps with the first team. (Joe Buscaglia)
  • McDermott said that WR Kelvin Benjamin โ€œis doing a good jobโ€ and his practicing fully. (Joe Buscaglia)
  • McDermott also announced Thursday that second-year WR Zay Jones underwent surgery last week on his knee and he will miss the remainder of spring workouts. (NFLTR)

Colts

Colts HC Frank Reich reiterated on Wednesday that QB Andrew Luck (shoulder) is still not throwing in OTAs, but expects Luck to โ€œramp things upโ€ prior to the start of training camp, per Kevin Bowen.

Reich added that he is โ€œnot worried at allโ€ with Luck falling behind and is โ€œcompletely comfortableโ€ with his recovery process until he gets medical clearance to play.

โ€œIโ€™m not worried at allIโ€™m completely comfortable with him throwing when heโ€™s ready, when the doctors say heโ€™s ready,โ€ said Reich, via Zak Keefer of the Indy Star. Iโ€™ve been around long enough time, heโ€™s been around the league a little bit, heโ€™s totally engaged in every aspect of what weโ€™re doing mentally, the physical part for a guy like him, now you gotta work at it, but Iโ€™m not worried about that. Iโ€™m comfortable with the process in place.โ€

Dolphins

Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill said that HC Adam Gase told him that he would continue as the teamโ€™s starting quarterback regardless of drafting a quarterback in the 2018 NFL Draft.

โ€œYes, he told me that. No, I wasnโ€™t worried,โ€ said Tannehill, via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald. โ€œObviously, every team has to evaluate positions and make the best decision for the organization that they think is appropriate; but I never changed my course of action or my plan, or my security here. I knew I would have to go out and perform, whether they drafted somebody or not, and thatโ€™s the case this year. Thatโ€™s the case every year. You have to go out and perform or you wonโ€™t be around. Iโ€™m excited to have the opportunity to go out and do it.โ€

Tannehill went on to say that he will wear a protective brace on his right-knee next season to avoid re-injuring his leg.

โ€œItโ€™s purely to kind of prevent what started that whole train wreck of my injury, just getting hit right on the side of the lead leg. The brace can help prevent that and minimize that damage, and hopefully make it a non-issue moving forward,โ€ said Tannehill.

  • Dolphins S Reshad Jones said he โ€œdefinitely would like to retire a Dolphin. Iโ€™ve been here nine years. I donโ€™t want to go nowhere. Nine years, being with the same team, thatโ€™s kind of rare. I love Miami. I was blessed to be able to be drafted to one of the teams I wanted to come to.โ€ (Miami Herald)
  • According to Jackson, third-year WR Leonte Carroo is competing for the Dolphinsโ€™ No. 6 receiver job โ€œif there is oneโ€ along with Isaiah Ford, Malcolm Lewis and Rashawn Scott.

Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?

Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on X.com and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!

Leave a Reply