- Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports has spoken with GMs who believe the Broncos will make WRs Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders available for trade this offseason along with CB Aqib Talib.
- This comes in contrast to a recent report that both Sanders and Thomas are likely safe, given that keeping them will help the odds of the Broncos landing a quarterback in free agency. (NFLTR)
- If the Broncos aren’t willing to pay QB Kirk Cousins $30 million per year, La Canfora wonders if they might try to trade for Bills QB Tyrod Taylor or possible sign A.J. McCarron, who could end up being an unrestricted free agent.
- La Canfora adds that if the Broncos want to draft another quarterback, it’s possible they could see what’s available for Paxton Lynch in the trade market.
- Jason La Canfora writes that confidants of Dolphins owner Stephen Ross told him during the season that Ross was ready to move on from defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh.
- However, multiple reports from last year disputed the notion that the Dolphins were preparing to move on from Suh. (NFLTR)
- La Canfora also reports that NFL teams have been interested in trading for Dolphins DE Cameron Wake the past few years and he could see a few teams checking in on Wake’s availability at the Combine.
- Jason La Canfora gets the sense that the Jets are primed to be one of the top teams to set the tone this offseason, given that they have plenty of cap space to worth with and could boost that even further by releasing DL Muhammad Wilkerson.
- La Canfora says New York may gauge the trade market for Wilkerson before cutting him and specifically mentions the Patriots, Ravens and Steelers as potential landing spots if he’s released.
- No surprise here, but La Canfora fully expects the Jets to “come after Kirk Cousins with vigor and intensity.”
- A potential free agent target for the Jets, according to La Canfora, could be WR Jarvis Landry.