Home / Browns / NFL Notes: Ezekiel Elliott, Ronnie Stanley, Jack Conklin, Draft & Jets
NFL Notes: Ezekiel Elliott, Ronnie Stanley, Jack Conklin, Draft & Jets
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that the draft stock for Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott could be the most volatile right now.
- According to Cole, there are still some who believe the Cowboys could take Elliott as high as No. 4 overall.
- However, there are still concerns about the idea of selecting a running back so high in the draft.
- Cole believes Elliott is most likely to end up between the Browns at No. 8 and the Giants No. 10 overall with his floor likely being No. 13 to the Dolphins.
Ronnie Stanley & Jack Conklin
- According to Jason Cole, there is a growing debate among NFL executives regarding who is the second-best offensive tackle in this year’s class between Notre Dame’s Ronnie Stanley and Michigan State’s Jack Conklin.
- Cole says that most coaches like Conklin’s toughness. Although, others believe his best position could be at right tackle or possibly guard.
- Stanley, however, is considered to be more of a “technician” like former Jets LT D’Brickashaw Ferguson.
- Meanwhile, Matt Miller reports that the buzz regarding Conklin is real and there’s talk of him possibly being taken in the Top 10.
- According to Greg Auman, Northern Iowa LB Brett McMakin and Southern Illinois LB Brandon Williams are both being talked about as potential late-round/undrafted signings for the Buccaneers.
- Jets GM Mike Maccagnan on if he would consider rescinding Muhammad Wilkerson’s franchise tag: “The simple answer is no. I don’t view that as an option.“
- Maccagnan said that, on a whole, this is an “average” quarterback draft class, and not a historic or elite class. (Darryl Slater)
Tags Brandon Williams Brett McMakin Ezekiel Elliott Jack Conklin Muhammad Wilkerson Ronnie Stanley