- According to Troy Renck, the Broncos will be “all in on“ Kirk Cousins unless the Redskins surprisingly use their franchise tag on him in the coming weeks in an attempt to trade him. Although, Renck admits that even though Denver is likely to have serious interest in Cousins, there’s no guarantee he’ll sign with them over the other available options.
- Should the Broncos miss out on Cousins, Renck says that Case Keenum would be another option to watch along with Bills QB Tyrod Taylor.
- Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer expects the Browns to pursue free agent WR Terrelle Pryor this offseason and thinks he would like to return to Cleveland.
- Cabot expects the Browns to continue to evaluate veteran QB options including A.J. McCarron, Nick Foles, and Case Keenum.
- We have most of these players featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
The Patriots are expected to look for a quarterback prospect in this year’s draft and Jim McBride of the Boston Globe writes that Washington State’s Luke Falk could be their best fallback option.
WSU HC Mike Leach said that Falk’s work ethic would fit with the demands of playing for the Patriots.
“He’s kind of an achiever and he’s admired Tom Brady and like anybody that’s really good at something there’s a variety of people that they model themselves after,’’ Leach said. “Like a lot of QBs — obviously Tom Brady’s one that they start with — but since he was a kid he’s been this huge Brady fan.
“The other thing is Luke is a very disciplined, hard-working guy and that kind of reflects the New England Patriots. And you know Brady’s work ethic meets Bill Belichick meets cultivating the rest of the team around that work ethic, focus, drive, and precision is what’s made the Patriots. I think he kind of fits in with that.”
- Some roster cut candidates to watch for the Patriots, according to McBride, include TE Martellus Bennett, TE Dwayne Allen, DT Alan Branch and LB David Harris.