- Bills HC Sean McDermott wouldn’t discuss QB Tyrod Taylor‘s future with the team at the Senior Bowl on Tuesday: “I’m not gonna get into Tyrod [Taylor’s] future. We’re still going through our evaluation and those decisions will come at some point down the road here.” (Mike Rodak)
- McDermott was non-committal about possibly making more changes to his coaching staff: “At this point, it’s really still early. We’ll see going forward. We’re still going through our evaluations, [GM] Brandon [Beane] and myself.” (Mike Rodak)
- Regarding DT Kyle Williams, McDermott said: “Like the other decisions will come at some point down the road here as [GM] Brandon [Beane] and I continue to evaluate our situation.” (Mike Rodak)
Broncos HC Vance Joseph said Tuesday that he isn’t concerned about Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield‘s height.
“I think that’s fine,” Joseph said, per Nicki Jhabvala. “You watch Drew Brees play, he’s figured it out. He’s a very successful quarterback. Guys figure it out. Good players figure it out. I wouldn’t be concerned about that.”
- Alex Marvez reports that Seahawks assistant special teams coach Heath Farwell is interviewing for the same position with the Panthers on Tuesday.
- Mike Freeman of B/R passes along a rumor he’s heard regarding the Raiders, the Rooney Rule and Colin Kaepernick.
- According to Freeman, the NFL office essentially told the Raiders: “We looked out for you on the Rooney rule, now help us by signing Kaepernick, and helping to end the collusion case.“
- However, Freeman says that the Raiders likely won’t give in to the league because they have expensive suites and seats to fill in Las Vegas and signing Kaepernick could impact that.
- Freeman adds that while he can’t prove this happened, he “strongly believe[s]” it did.
- Vincent Bonsignore did some “digging” regarding this rumors and he says the premise was “flatly and emphatically rejected.”